Old 10-02-2010, 12:33 AM
NoOp

Default exact motherboard make and model

On 10/01/2010 05:13 PM, Thufir Hawat wrote:
> Is there a software tool to get the exact make and model for the
> motherboard (and CPU)?

$ sudo lshw > myhardware.txt
$ gedit myhardware.txt

Old 10-02-2010, 02:25 AM
Thufir Hawat

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 17:33:00 -0700, NoOp wrote:

> On 10/01/2010 05:13 PM, Thufir Hawat wrote:
>> Is there a software tool to get the exact make and model for the
>> motherboard (and CPU)?
>
> $ sudo lshw > myhardware.txt
> $ gedit myhardware.txt

I'm trying to fill in this form at mobot, motherboards.org :

Manufacturer
Chipset
Socket
FSB
Form Factor
CPU Type
CPU Count
Memory Type
Memory Channels
Max Memory
North Bridge
South Bridge
External Graphics
IGP
BIOS
Audio
LAN
IDE
SCSI
SATA

I know some info, but not the much:

thufir@arrakis:~$
thufir@arrakis:~$ sudo lshw > hardware.txt; head -31 hardware.txt
arrakis
product: PROD00000000
vendor: OEM00000
width: 32 bits
capabilities: smbios-2.2 dmi-2.2 smp-1.1 smp
configuration: boot=normal chassis=desktop cpus=1
*-core
product: SiS-661GX
physical id: 0
*-firmware
vendor: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
physical id: 0
version: 6.00 PG (05/19/2005)
size: 128KiB
capacity: 192KiB
capabilities: isa pci pnp apm upgrade shadowing cdboot
bootselect socketedrom edd int13floppy360 int13floppy1200 int13floppy720
int13floppy2880 int5printscreen int9keyboard int14serial int17printer
int10video acpi usb agp ls120boot zipboot
*-cpu
product: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.13GHz
vendor: Intel Corp.
physical id: 4
bus info: cpu@0
version: 15.4.9
serial: 0000-0F49-0000-0000-0000-0000
slot: Socket 478
size: 2133MHz
width: 32 bits
clock: 133MHz
thufir@arrakis:~$

thanks,

Thufir

Old 10-02-2010, 06:02 AM
Doug

On 10/1/2010 8:33 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 10/01/2010 05:13 PM, Thufir Hawat wrote:
>> Is there a software tool to get the exact make and model for the
>> motherboard (and CPU)?
>
> $ sudo lshw> myhardware.txt
> $ gedit myhardware.txt

I would not have believed this if I didn't see it for myself. This is
a fantastic tool! --doug

Old 10-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Thufir

Doug <dmcgarrett <at> optonline.net> writes:
[...]
> > $ sudo lshw> myhardware.txt
> > $ gedit myhardware.txt
> I would not have believed this if I didn't see it for myself. This is
> a fantastic tool! --doug

I was hoping to acquire this sort of information:

http://www.ecs.com.tw/extra/productinfo/MB.htm#ver_mb

in order to fill out mobot, at http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/.

Not that it's not useful, it's just doesn't have the detail I was looking for.

-Thufir

Old 10-04-2010, 11:07 PM
NoOp

On 10/04/2010 03:49 PM, Thufir wrote:
> Doug <dmcgarrett <at> optonline.net> writes:
> [...]
>> > $ sudo lshw> myhardware.txt
>> > $ gedit myhardware.txt
>> I would not have believed this if I didn't see it for myself. This is
>> a fantastic tool! --doug
>
> I was hoping to acquire this sort of information:
>
> http://www.ecs.com.tw/extra/productinfo/MB.htm#ver_mb
>
> in order to fill out mobot, at http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/.
>
> Not that it's not useful, it's just doesn't have the detail I was looking for.

Perhaps because your MB manufacturer doesn't include the info. My Intel
board does:

*-core
product: D865GBF
vendor: Intel Corporation