Old 10-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Tapas Mishra

Default screen lock does not disappear even after sending interrupts

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit with all the updates.
The problem I am reporting is with gnome lock.
Which should lock the screen only after a certain period of time the
computer has been inert.
What is happening in this process is when I see the screen with my
browser and other active windows open
slowly after some time this becomes dark and lock.
The time which is set is in
System --->Preferences-->Screen Saver
is 60 minutes.
The problem I am reporting is when at the end of 59th minutes say 55
seconds or so I see that a screen saver is slowly becoming active then
do some activity with my keyboard or use my mouse so that the screen
saver does not become active these events do not have any effect on
this process and I get a
screen locked.
Ideally on an event like pressing a key or moving mouse pointer to
some random location irrespective of 59th minute and last few seconds
when I see the screen lock slowly coming
the computer was not idle so screen saver should not become idle.

--
Tapas