Old 01-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Robert Persson

Default recording phone conversations

Is there a simple and reliable way to record phone conversations? I have
a very important reason for needing to do this and I desperately want to
avoid finding that I am in the middle of a call and the recording tool
doesn't work.

Also, is it possible to record conversations that are not taking place
via the modem? For instance could I answer a call on a normal phone
handset and then start recording it through a modem connected to the
same phone line?

Many thanks
Robert

Old 01-21-2008, 07:35 PM
JosephK

On 12:08 Mon 21 Jan , Robert Persson wrote:
> Is there a simple and reliable way to record phone conversations? I have
> a very important reason for needing to do this and I desperately want to
> avoid finding that I am in the middle of a call and the recording tool
> doesn't work.

There are on the market microphones that attach to the telephone handset
and record to a dictation machine or ordinary cassette recorder. These
are reasonably cheap. In the UK it is a legal requirement to inform the
caller that the conversation is being recorded. Don't know about other
countries.

> Also, is it possible to record conversations that are not taking place
> via the modem? For instance could I answer a call on a normal phone
> handset and then start recording it through a modem connected to the
> same phone line?

I have not come across anything that will do this and I doubt it is
possible. Of course someone may prove me wrong

--
Regards, JosephK