Old 10-01-2010, 04:59 AM
Tapas Mishra

Default creating a filesystem on LVM

Hi,
I want to know how to create a filesystem on an LVM.
Suppose I have 100Gb LVM.
I want to create 98 GB ext4 filesystem which has / as mount point
and 2 GB swap partition in that LVM.
Making both the things co exist together is that possible in this
scenario if yes then how?

--
Tapas

Old 10-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Sherin George

Hi Tapas,

It should be possible.

a quick google will give you enough tutorials

http://www.google.com/search?q=install+ubuntu+in+lvm

Sherin

Old 10-02-2010, 05:10 AM
Tapas Mishra

I have done it what you suggested.
I am looking for a way virt-manager does that.
When a userspace program as lvdisplay gives this information the
swap space is hidden from output,
where as if you take a snapshot then you will see a swap.
You can surely create with some commands ext4 but making swap and ext4
coexist in same swap space that is what I am not clear.
I am not installing Ubuntu in that LVM which gave me a link to I am
restoring an rsync backup to boot from.
Which may be used on a SAN/NAS

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Sherin George <list@sheringeorge.co.cc> wrote:
> Hi Tapas,
>
> It should be possible.
>
> a quick google will give you enough tutorials
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=install+ubuntu+in+lvm
>
> --
> Regards,
> Sherin
>

> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I want to know how to create a filesystem on an LVM.
>> Suppose *I have 100Gb LVM.
>> I want to create 98 GB ext4 filesystem which has / as mount point
>> and 2 GB swap partition in that LVM.
>> Making both the things co exist together is that possible in this
>> scenario if yes then how?
>>

>> --
>> Tapas
>>
>> --