FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Karl Larsen
 
Default Installer

On 09/30/2010 07:42 PM, NoOp wrote:
> I resized my Lucid partition& left a 20Gb unallocated section (from a
> previous Maverick install) available to install/reinstall Maverick.
> Using the Sept 29 daily Maverick liveCD (which has changed considerably
> from previous versions) I select 'Install alongside other operating
> systems'& the shows that my lucid is only 143.1GB (it's 173GB) and the
> target /dev/sda6 is 30.2GB (it's only 20GB).
>
> At this point I abort because I think that the installer is also picking
> up the unallocated& Win7 recovery partitions& 5.9GB swap. If this is
> the case then it's a pretty dangerous situation. I'll dig into it in
> more detail tomorrow, but is anyone else seeing the same?
>
> /dev/sda
> /dev/sda1 ntfs 208MB
> /dev/sda2 ntfs 104857MB (Win7)
> free space 2033MB
> /deb/sda5 ext4 173236MB (this is my lucid)
> free space 20975MB (this is the old maverick test partion)
> /dev/sda6 swap 5969MB
> /dev/sda3 ntfs 12788MB (Win7 recovery)
>
> I can of course manually install to 'free space 20975MB', but the
> differences in the 'Install alongside other operating systems' concerns
> me. Why would it want to shrink my sda5?
>
>
>
>
I think this is normal Lucid loader activity. I played with the
"automatic" load feature and it was all about choosing a partition with
spare space. I ALWAYS use the manual method which I understand and put
the Linux exactly where I want it.


73 Karl


--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.
Key ID = 3951B48D



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 10-02-2010, 02:02 AM
NoOp
 
Default Installer

On 10/01/2010 02:29 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 01/10/2010 14:37, Vaibhav Dalvi wrote:
>
> To begin with, why don't you quote only what is necessary in any of your
> responses and not quote the whole lot of unnecessary and irrelevant
> material - like the signature lines, for example.

Do you have something to contribute? If not I recommend that you toddle
off and do something else.


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 10-04-2010, 07:16 AM
Basil Chupin
 
Default Installer

On 02/10/2010 12:02, NoOp wrote:
> On 10/01/2010 02:29 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> On 01/10/2010 14:37, Vaibhav Dalvi wrote:
>>
>> To begin with, why don't you quote only what is necessary in any of your
>> responses and not quote the whole lot of unnecessary and irrelevant
>> material - like the signature lines, for example.
>>
> Do you have something to contribute? If not I recommend that you toddle
> off and do something else.
>

Good one, NoOp.

Still being affected by the sailing experience,eh?

OK, my addition to all this, I installed Maverick 10.10 RC1 *WITHOUT* a
single hitch - no seizures, no problems, no dramas.

I can view DVDs and digital TV without doing anything additional (it's
now all installed automatically after answering the question during
installing the CD Live.)

And all this on a an ancient system with 1/2GB of RAM.

BC

--
"So where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?"
Christina Aquilera


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 10-04-2010, 07:48 AM
Ric Moore
 
Default Installer

On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 18:16 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 02/10/2010 12:02, NoOp wrote:
> > On 10/01/2010 02:29 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> >
> >> On 01/10/2010 14:37, Vaibhav Dalvi wrote:
> >>
> >> To begin with, why don't you quote only what is necessary in any of your
> >> responses and not quote the whole lot of unnecessary and irrelevant
> >> material - like the signature lines, for example.
> >>
> > Do you have something to contribute? If not I recommend that you toddle
> > off and do something else.
> >
>
> Good one, NoOp.
>
> Still being affected by the sailing experience,eh?
>
> OK, my addition to all this, I installed Maverick 10.10 RC1 *WITHOUT* a
> single hitch - no seizures, no problems, no dramas.
>
> I can view DVDs and digital TV without doing anything additional (it's
> now all installed automatically after answering the question during
> installing the CD Live.)
>
> And all this on a an ancient system with 1/2GB of RAM.

That is a good benchmark to use. If old iron has no probs, it's
somewhere in his setup for FF ...maybe something like that Dictionary
add-on that might eat resources with a lot of memory demands. Ric

--
My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
"There are two Great Sins in the world...
..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
Linux user# 44256


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 03-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Kaushal Shriyan
 
Default Installer

Hi

Is there a way to create a installer which just installs apache2,mysql and php and all the dependencies?

Thanks,

Kaushal

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 03-01-2011, 05:01 AM
Verde Denim
 
Default Installer

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 12:48 AM, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

Is there a way to create a installer which just installs apache2,mysql and php and all the dependencies?

Thanks,

Kaushal



Kaushal

Check here -
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tasksel

Regards
Jack




--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 03-01-2011, 05:30 AM
Kaushal Shriyan
 
Default Installer

Thanks Verde Denim :-)

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Verde Denim <tdldev@gmail.com> wrote:




On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 12:48 AM, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:



Hi

Is there a way to create a installer which just installs apache2,mysql and php and all the dependencies?

Thanks,

Kaushal



Kaushal

Check here -
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tasksel

Regards
Jack







--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users




--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 03-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Jacob Mansfield
 
Default Installer

do remember not to use this to remove the programs:https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tasksel/+bug/574287

Jacob Mansfield
Programmer
CyberKing Solutions�
www.cyberkingsolutions.co.uk - I do know the database is down

"When Windows� is opened the bugs come in."





On 1 March 2011 06:30, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:


Thanks Verde Denim :-)

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Verde Denim <tdldev@gmail.com> wrote:






On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 12:48 AM, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:





Hi

Is there a way to create a installer which just installs apache2,mysql and php and all the dependencies?

Thanks,

Kaushal



Kaushal

Check here -
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tasksel

Regards
Jack









--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users





--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users




--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 09-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Jackson Doak
 
Default installer

I'm a tester for the *buntus and was wondering if anyone knows what is causing bug 1010487 because it makes installing xubuntu near impossible, any ideas?
jackson
--
xubuntu-devel mailing list
xubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
 
Old 09-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Elizabeth Krumbach
 
Default installer

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 11:54 PM, Jackson Doak <doak.jackson@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a tester for the *buntus and was wondering if anyone knows what is
> causing bug 1010487 because it makes installing xubuntu near impossible, any
> ideas?

This was discussed in the -devel channel just this morning so people
are looking into it.

One tip - if you move your mouse over the screen to selected areas it
should show you the text and make it possible to complete the install,
even if not very pretty

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com

--
xubuntu-devel mailing list
xubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:55 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org