Old 09-30-2010, 05:40 PM
technical500

Default TalkTalk + Huawei HG521 + Ubuntu 10.04.01 i386 + misery

Hi,

I recently signed up to TalkTalk and have a wireless modem

Huawei HG521 with a wireless network name SSID, and wireless password

I have just installed Ubuntu 10.04.01 i386

I also have a sitecom wireless USB adapter for the PC tower.

and have no idea how to get connected to the internet with this,

the above hardware functions from Windows XP using the TalkTalk CD,

but for the above Ubuntu I will need to configure using Ubuntu,

can anyone tell me the exact steps to do starting with the

menu,

presumably it is

System--Preferences

or

System--Administration

but which and then what,

as the modem is based on GNU material I feel it must be possible.

many thanks

Richard