Old 09-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Ric Moore

Default MAILER headers

I recently changed my evolution message display to include the "headers"
so I could see what mailers were in use. Mine shows just Evolution and
not "Linux". While some do, some don't show a mailer heading at all.

Question, how do we show up in the net statistics when a stock Ubuntu
install of a mailer, like Gmail or Evolution or whatever, doesn't show
the OS by default?? Aren't we missing some kind of marketing points that
reflect the total number of Linux Desktop users, actively using Linux
(Ubuntu) to post email?? Or, is their some kind of security problem?
Inquiring minds would like to know. Ric

Linux user# 44256