Old 09-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Tom H

Default problem with samba on Ubuntu 10.04

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 7:53 AM, Amedee Van Gasse (ub)
<amedee-ubuntu@amedee.be> wrote:
> On Tue, September 28, 2010 13:09, Michael Kadzioch wrote:
>>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I used samba-server for many years and it works fine.
>> But now i upgraded my server to 10.04.
>>
>> Now it works nothing!!!
>>
>> All my shares are still on the machine. All my users are still on there
>> too. But i can't connect from a smb-client (windows or Linux).
>>
>> I can see all my shares in the network, but if i want enter a share, i
>> have no permission. It looks like the samba server loss all my passwords
>> of all users.
>>
>> I even try new passwords and new users (with smbpasswd), but nothing
>> works!
>
> I will try to ignore all the noise about the beautiful act of sexual
> intercourse, be it for procreational or recreational purpose. I'll just
> try to help you, CONTRARY TO WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE IN THE TOPIC HAS DONE.
> (yes that was meant as shouting).
>

> Could you please post your /etc/samba/smb.conf file? It may not contain
> enough information but at least it should be a good starting point. I will
> ask you more questions if needed.
> You may skip any lines that begin with # because they are just comments.

I've just checked the archives because I thought that I'd requested
more info but somehow my message was sent blank!

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2010-September/229260.html

This is what I thought that I'd written:

Please run the following on the smb server and post it on paste.ubuntu.com
testparm -v
smbclient -L //127.0.0.1
pdbedit -Lw
netstat -ntulp | grep mbd

Old 09-29-2010, 02:45 PM
"Joep L. Blom"

Tom H wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 7:53 AM, Amedee Van Gasse (ub)
> <amedee-ubuntu@amedee.be> wrote:
>> On Tue, September 28, 2010 13:09, Michael Kadzioch wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> I used samba-server for many years and it works fine.
>>> But now i upgraded my server to 10.04.
>>>
>>> Now it works nothing!!!
>>>
>>> All my shares are still on the machine. All my users are still on there
>>> too. But i can't connect from a smb-client (windows or Linux).
>>>
>>> I can see all my shares in the network, but if i want enter a share, i
>>> have no permission. It looks like the samba server loss all my passwords
>>> of all users.
>>>
>>> I even try new passwords and new users (with smbpasswd), but nothing
>>> works!
>> I will try to ignore all the noise about the beautiful act of sexual
>> intercourse, be it for procreational or recreational purpose. I'll just
>> try to help you, CONTRARY TO WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE IN THE TOPIC HAS DONE.
>> (yes that was meant as shouting).
>>

>> Could you please post your /etc/samba/smb.conf file? It may not contain
>> enough information but at least it should be a good starting point. I will
>> ask you more questions if needed.
>> You may skip any lines that begin with # because they are just comments.
>
> I've just checked the archives because I thought that I'd requested
> more info but somehow my message was sent blank!
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2010-September/229260.html
>
> This is what I thought that I'd written:
>
> Please run the following on the smb server and post it on paste.ubuntu.com
> testparm -v
> smbclient -L //127.0.0.1
> pdbedit -Lw
> netstat -ntulp | grep mbd

Tom,
You did.
Joep

Old 10-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Tom H

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Joep L. Blom <jlblom@neuroweave.nl> wrote:
> Tom H wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 7:53 AM, Amedee Van Gasse (ub)
>> <amedee-ubuntu@amedee.be> wrote:

>>> I will try to ignore all the noise about the beautiful act of sexual
>>> intercourse, be it for procreational or recreational purpose. I'll just
>>> try to help you, CONTRARY TO WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE IN THE TOPIC HAS DONE.
>>> (yes that was meant as shouting).
>>>

>>> Could you please post your /etc/samba/smb.conf file? It may not contain
>>> enough information but at least it should be a good starting point. I will
>>> ask you more questions if needed.
>>> You may skip any lines that begin with # because they are just comments.
>>
>> I've just checked the archives because I thought that I'd requested
>> more info but somehow my message was sent blank!
>>
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2010-September/229260.html
>>
>> This is what I thought that I'd written:
>>
>> Please run the following on the smb server and post it on paste.ubuntu.com
>> testparm -v
>> smbclient -L //127.0.0.1
>> pdbedit -Lw
>> netstat -ntulp | grep mbd
>>
> Tom,
> You did.

I thought that I'd done so for another samba thread.