Old 09-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Basil Chupin

Default xxxxxx samba on xxxxxx 10.04

On 29/09/2010 02:49, David Fletcher wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 Sep 2010, Dick Dowdell wrote:
>
>> Michael,
>>
>> People might be more inclined to help you without the vulgarity.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dick Dowdell
>>

> On Friday a thread started up with "WTF" as the first three characters of the
> subject.
>
> Everybody knows what the F stands for yet it provoked no reaction whatsoever.
>
> I'm not making any judgement on whether either form is good or bad, just an
> observation.

And so you shouldn't make any judgements unless you really know what you
are talking about; but you are, of course, totally free to make
observations.

I started that thread last Friday, 24 September.

And don't you know that "WTF" stands for? Weird, True and Freaky.

Which is exactly what not having support for a floppy in Ubuntu is all
about.

So why should anyone be provoked into a reaction?

BC

--
Sound that shatters silence is called noise. Sound that enhances silence is called music.
Chinese proverb

Old 09-29-2010, 11:09 AM
David Fletcher

> And don't you know that "WTF" stands for? Weird, True and Freaky.

Or it could be "Where's The Floppy"

Old 09-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Basil Chupin

On 29/09/2010 21:09, David Fletcher wrote:
>> And don't you know that "WTF" stands for? Weird, True and Freaky.
>>

> Or it could be "Where's The Floppy"

Yes, that too.

You now see how using abbreviations can lead to wrong occlusions?

BC