Old 09-29-2010, 07:17 AM
Tapas Mishra

Default using kpartx mounted snapshot lvm

I mounted a snapshot lvm using kpartx

http://www.howtoforge.com:8080/back-up-lvm-xen-guest-containing-lvs

but when I mount them I see the same directory structure as the
original filesystem has.
If I have to copy all the directories then what is the point of making
a snapshot volume.

Instead what I was looking is a single continuous file with 5-6 GB or
what ever and that is a running
instance of the Guest OS.Which I can copy as a single file.
If this is not the case then why to make a snapshot volume and use
kpartx what advantage did I get of this complete exercise.

--
Tapas