Old 09-29-2010, 01:08 AM
Jesse Palser

Default Easiest Method To Clone An Entire Hard Drive?

Hi,

I want to clone one hard drive to another hard drive.
Both hard drives are the same size (1TB).

I thought the best option
would be to have both hard drives installed to computer
and then boot an Ubuntu LiveCD.

Not sure what to do next to clone one hard drive to another.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Jesse

Old 09-29-2010, 01:11 AM
Verde Denim

I want to clone one hard drive to another hard drive.

Both hard drives are the same size (1TB).

I thought the best option

would be to have both hard drives installed to computer

and then boot an Ubuntu LiveCD.

Not sure what to do next to clone one hard drive to another.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Jesse

Jesse
Give this a read -
http://www.backuphowto.info/linux-backup-hard-disk-clone-dd

Regards
Jack

Old 09-29-2010, 01:18 AM
NoOp

On 09/28/2010 06:08 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to clone one hard drive to another hard drive.
> Both hard drives are the same size (1TB).
>
> I thought the best option
> would be to have both hard drives installed to computer
> and then boot an Ubuntu LiveCD.
>
> Not sure what to do next to clone one hard drive to another.
> Any help would be appreciated!
> Thanks!

See the very recent "drive change" thread.