Old 09-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Ted Hilts

Default Problem in Mounting NFS

I began with the command:
"sudo mount -F nfs star:/ted /Mted-star"

I was careful to do:sudo mkdir /Mted-star and sudo mkdir /ted.

then I checked "ps -A | grep "nfs"
and found nfsiod, nfsdr, and multiple intances of nfsd.

after that I built /etc/rc.conf as there was no file and put in it the
contnets:
rpcbind_enable="YES"
nfs_server_enable="YES"
mountd_flage="-r"

Still not workinging so I checked the /etc/exports file which had some
examples but all commented and I was not sure what would be the next
step if any.

Also, I tried reinstalling a number of routines.

Still unable to do the mount.

I have not yet looked at the client side of things.

I am surprised that I have had these difficulties and there is no
working example just based on the importance of NFS sharing.

Help, help, help --- Ted Hilts