Old 09-28-2010, 12:19 PM

Default **** samba on **** 10.04

> On 28 September 2010 12:09, Michael Kadzioch <michael_kadzioch@gmx.de> wrote:

> [snip]

Are you happy that when your grandchildren search the web to find out
about your achievements they will find this post and it's subject
line?

It goes deeper than that, this is very offensive to most all I am sure, and this person should offer an apology to all on this list.

I don't know what his frustration was as I immediately deleted the posting when I saw the subject line but people are on this list to get or give help, not to be the subject of such inappropriate language.

Clint

Old 09-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Liam Proven

On 28 September 2010 13:19, <clintin@linuxmail.org> wrote:

>> On 28 September 2010 12:09, Michael Kadzioch <michael_kadzioch@gmx.de>
>> wrote:
>
>> [snip] Are you happy that when your grandchildren search the web to find
>> out about your achievements they will find this post and it's subject line?
>
> It goes deeper than that, this is very offensive to most all I am sure, and
> this person should offer an apology to all on this list.
>
> I don't know what his frustration was as I immediately deleted the posting
> when I saw the subject line but people are on this list to get or give help,
> not to be the subject of such inappropriate language.

It's just a word, one that denotes a beautiful and perfectly normal
and healthy human activity that everyone should do.

Get over yourself and stop trying to be some kind of moral censor for
others. We don't all share your screwed-up values and there's a good
chance we're offended by your would-be censorship.

Personally, I am *far* more offended by people who advertise their
religion in their emails, and on a day-to-day basis, by people who
top-quote or who send formatted HTML email to what is meant to be a
text-only list.

For example, like you just did.

To reference the Christian bible, a work I consider to be a
low-quality badly-edited mistranslated tissue of lies, myths and fairy
stories:
Matthew 7:5, or Luke 6:42.

HTH. HAND.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Liam Proven

Old 09-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Alan Pope

On 28 September 2010 14:52, Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 September 2010 13:19, *<clintin@linuxmail.org> wrote:
>> I don't know what his frustration was as I immediately deleted the posting
>> when I saw the subject line but people are on this list to get or give help,
>> not to be the subject of such inappropriate language.
> Get over yourself and stop trying to be some kind of moral censor for
> others. We don't all share your screwed-up values and there's a good
> chance we're offended by your would-be censorship.

Can we please exercise bit of restraint.

Al.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Liam Proven

Old 09-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Thufir

<clintin <at> linuxmail.org> writes:
[...]
> It goes deeper than that, this is very offensive to most all I am sure, and
this person should offer an apology to all on this list.
> I don't know what his frustration was as I immediately deleted the posting
when I saw the subject line but people are on this list to get or give help,
not to be the subject of such inappropriate language.

While not offended, this sort of language just creates noise. If necessary,
I'm sure this individual can be kicked off the mailing list, which would be
unfortunate.

-Thufir