Old 09-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Michael Kadzioch

Default fucking samba on fucking 10.04

Old 09-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Colin Law

On 28 September 2010 12:09, Michael Kadzioch <michael_kadzioch@gmx.de> wrote:
[snip]

Are you happy that when your grandchildren search the web to find out
about your achievements they will find this post and it's subject
line?

Colin

Old 09-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Dick Dowdell

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:

On 28 September 2010 12:09, Michael Kadzioch <michael_kadzioch@gmx.de> wrote:

[snip]

Are you happy that when your grandchildren search the web to find out

about your achievements they will find this post and it's subject

line?

Colin

Michael,
People might be more inclined to help you without the vulgarity.

Regards,Dick Dowdell

Old 09-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Tom H

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 7:09 AM, Michael Kadzioch
<michael_kadzioch@gmx.de> wrote:

> I used samba-server for many years and it works fine.
> But now i upgraded my server to 10.04.
>
> Now it works nothing!!!
>
> All my shares are still on the machine. All my users are still on there
> too. But i can't connect from a smb-client (windows or Linux).
>
> I can see all my shares in the network, but if i want enter a share, i
> have no permission. It looks like the samba server loss all my passwords
> of all users.
>
> I even try new passwords and new users (with smbpasswd), but nothing works!

From which version of samba did you upgrade?

Are there any differences between your current smb.conf with your present one?

Old 09-28-2010, 04:49 PM
David Fletcher

On Tuesday 28 Sep 2010, Dick Dowdell wrote:

> Michael,
>
> People might be more inclined to help you without the vulgarity.
>
> Regards,
> Dick Dowdell

On Friday a thread started up with "WTF" as the first three characters of the
subject.

Everybody knows what the F stands for yet it provoked no reaction whatsoever.

I'm not making any judgement on whether either form is good or bad, just an
observation.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Kipton Moravec

On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 08:46 -0400, Dick Dowdell wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> On 28 September 2010 12:09, Michael Kadzioch
> <michael_kadzioch@gmx.de> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Are you happy that when your grandchildren search the web to
> find out
> about your achievements they will find this post and it's
> subject
> line?
>
> Colin

> Michael,
>
> People might be more inclined to help you without the vulgarity.
>
> Regards,
> Dick Dowdell

My guess is that Michael's first language is NOT English, and he may not
be aware of how vulgar the F word is to most Americans, as it is used a
lot in American movies.

So lets just correct his English and move on.

When I lived in Germany I took Ballroom Dance lessons and the female
dance coach would always use the term "ass" when talking to me in
English. As in "your ass is sticking out", or "lift your ass", or
"tighten the muscles in your ass". After a couple of weeks I explained
that in this context, "behind" is probably a better word to yell across
the dance floor.

Kip

--
Kipton Moravec AE5IB .- . ..... .. -...

"Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
--Mark Twain

Old 10-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Christopher Chan

Kipton Moravec wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 08:46 -0400, Dick Dowdell wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com>
>> wrote:
>> On 28 September 2010 12:09, Michael Kadzioch
>> <michael_kadzioch@gmx.de> wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>> Are you happy that when your grandchildren search the web to
>> find out
>> about your achievements they will find this post and it's
>> subject
>> line?
>>
>> Colin
>>

>> --
>>

>> Michael,
>>
>> People might be more inclined to help you without the vulgarity.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dick Dowdell
>>

> My guess is that Michael's first language is NOT English, and he may not
> be aware of how vulgar the F word is to most Americans, as it is used a
> lot in American movies.
>
> So lets just correct his English and move on.
>
> When I lived in Germany I took Ballroom Dance lessons and the female
> dance coach would always use the term "ass" when talking to me in
> English. As in "your ass is sticking out", or "lift your ass", or
> "tighten the muscles in your ass". After a couple of weeks I explained
> that in this context, "behind" is probably a better word to yell across
> the dance floor.

What's wrong with buttocks? :-P

However, I doubt that the meaning of the F word is not clear given the
fact that it would be used with the corresponding facial expressions and
tones and so on in the American movies.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Amedee Van Gasse

Op 01-10-10 23:33, Kipton Moravec schreef:

> My guess is that Michael's first language is NOT English

Do not guess when you can look him up. His personal website is in his
mail signature. Michael Kadzioch is a photographer from Berschweiler,
Saarland, Germany.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Guillermo Garron

> However, I doubt that the meaning of the F word is not clear given the
> fact that it would be used with the corresponding facial expressions and
> * tones and so on in the American movies.

I think you are right, I am bolivian, have never been to U.S. and I
know the meaning of it. and If you are learning English, or any other
language, and you are men, that is probably one of the first words,
you will know the meaning of.
And usually the vulgar way to express that action, and not the right
way to express it.

But lets help our friend.

Check in your /etc/smb.conf files, for these lines below.

# Security mode. Defines in which mode Samba will operate. Possible
# values are share, user, server, domain and ads. Most people will want
# user level security. See the Samba-HOWTO-Collection for details.
# security = user
security = share

Make it look like mine, you will no need passwords, that should make
it work, of course, you are lowering or disabling security, but until
you find the real reason, that could work.

--
Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."

Old 10-03-2010, 04:19 AM
Goh Lip

On Sunday 03,October,2010 06:52 AM, Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
> Op 01-10-10 23:33, Kipton Moravec schreef:
>
>> My guess is that Michael's first language is NOT English
>
> Do not guess when you can look him up. His personal website is in his
> mail signature. Michael Kadzioch is a photographer from Berschweiler,
> Saarland, Germany.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q79U3KafaXs
That's Michael?