Old 09-28-2010, 04:15 AM
Nathan Bahn

Default A Problematic "Solution"

Attention all--

A hard drive seemed to be crapping out on me, so I acquired another hard drive and set up a dual-boot system.* I had an openSUSE live disk lying around, that was current (I don't have a current Ubuntu live disk), so I installed it.* The problem is is that Firefox is seriously whacked.* I can access my Gmail account (rather obviously), but now without issues, and I have very serious issues when trying to interact with both the Firefox and openSUSE websites.

The issue:* Not all text is being printed; even worse -- and this is very much true for the Firefox and openSUSE websites -- a good many (nearly all, in fact) of the links on the websites either show up as lines or not at all. As a result, I'm unable to effectively interact with them and request advice (no, I never joined any of their listserves).*

I know that this isn't listserve isn't for openSUSE Firefox, but if anyone has any ideas, then I'd be mighty obliged if they would be kind enough to share them.
--N.B.

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html & http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)

Old 09-28-2010, 05:20 AM
d-_-b

On Tuesday, September 28, 2010, Nathan Bahn <nathan.bahn@gmail.com> wrote:
> Attention all--
>
> A hard drive seemed to be crapping out on me, so I acquired another hard drive and set up a dual-boot system.* I had an openSUSE live disk lying around, that was current (I don't have a current Ubuntu live disk), so I installed it.* The problem is is that Firefox is seriously whacked.* I can access my Gmail account (rather obviously), but now without issues, and I have very serious issues when trying to interact with both the Firefox and openSUSE websites.
>
> The issue:* Not all text is being printed; even worse -- and this is very much true for the Firefox and openSUSE websites -- a good many (nearly all, in fact) of the links on the websites either show up as lines or not at all. As a result, I'm unable to effectively interact with them and request advice (no, I never joined any of their listserves).
>
> I know that this isn't listserve isn't for openSUSE Firefox, but if anyone has any ideas, then I'd be mighty obliged if they would be kind enough to share them.
> --N.B.
> See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html & http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)

Try creating a new profile using "firefox -ProfileManager" on the cmd
line, let's see if this works. Also could you let us know the version
of FF you are using?

& RU d*_*b