Old 09-28-2010, 04:07 AM
Thufir Hawat

Default ADF sheet fed scanner

I'm looking for a simple Automatic Document Feed type scanner to
complement my printer, but the prices seem rather outrageous -- guess I
should've gotten one of those multipurpose machines

Any suggestions, or recommendations as to whom to stay away from? I want
to stay away from a flat bed.

thanks,

Thufir

Old 09-29-2010, 12:15 AM
Thufir Hawat

I like this scanner:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?cid=8516738643082839618&q=iris%
2Bscan#p

because there's no driver required, just a USB key. However, I don't
need the battery nor the portability. Any experience with Iris? They're
not listed at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportComponentsScanners

-Thufir