Old 09-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Hal Burgiss

Default Changing mysql datadir and apparmor

This is my first experience with 10.04. Previously I have had no problems telling mysql to use an alternate location for data files, by editing my.cnf and restarting mysql. Always seemed pretty straightforward. But this does not work on 10.04, and I gather from the errors in syslog this is some kind of apparmor issue.

What I have done:
*stop mysql*edit my.cnf to reference new location*created the desired directory on a faster drive array*mirrored the permissions/ownership and content at the new location*
*edited the /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.mysqld with the appropriate values*restarted apparmor*start mysql
But mysql never really starts and just hangs trying. This are the current log entries from syslog:

Sep 26 11:12:05 pandora kernel: [500997.464100] type=1505 audit(1285513925.352:142): *operation="profile_replace" pid=21887 name="/usr/sbin/mysqld"
Sep 26 11:12:06 pandora init: mysql main process (21891) terminated with status 2Sep 26 11:12:06 pandora init: mysql main process ended, respawning
And that goes on forever.*

I haven't found a solution on google yet to figure this out. Obviously I am missing a step, but what? Also, how to get better log messages from apparmor?
Thanks.

--
Hal