Old 09-26-2010, 06:54 AM
Basil Chupin

Default System Sound Volume Icon

On 26/09/2010 16:17, Jitender Kiraria wrote:
> I have lost the System Sound Volume Icon from Panel..............I
> tried to restore it By
>
> 1. Right click on_ Panel_
> 2. click on the _Add to Panel_
> 3. But in the list which opened as result of Click on the _Add to
> Panel_ I couldn't find option for System Sound Volume ........
>
> Someone help me,,,,,,,,,,,Thankyou......

You don't need that icon.

If you are using pulseaudio then install pavucontrol (using Synaptic).
Once installed, ALT-F2 and run pavucontrol - or use
System/Preferences/Sound.

If you are using alsa then install gnome-alsamixer and in a terminal
execute 'alsamixer'. (Don't execute ALT-F2 'alsamixergui' if you have
pulseaudio installed: if you do you will only see 5 alsa settings to
play with.)

Come back if you need more info.

BC

--
I didn't know it was impossible when I did it.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:27 PM
"David C. Curtis"

On Sun, 2010-09-26 at 11:47 +0530, Jitender Kiraria wrote:

> I have lost the System Sound Volume Icon from Panel..............I
> tried to
> restore it By
>
> 1. Right click on* Panel*
> 2. click on the *Add to Panel*
> 3. But in the list which opened as result of Click on the *Add to
> Panel* I
> couldn't find option for System Sound Volume ........
>
> Someone help me,,,,,,,,,,,Thankyou......

That icon is part of 'indicator applet'.