Old 01-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Robert Fitzpatrick

Default memtest86

I have a BSD server that we upgraded memory from 1GB to 4GB and started
crashing. I put the old memory back and all is fine. So, I assume there
is something wrong with at least some of the memory. I brought the
memory back here to my office where I have another machine that works
with that memory with Ubuntu. I started the memtest from the boot menu
and it is has been going 2 days now with no errors. Over 25 passes thus
far. Does this mean there is nothing wrong with the memory, maybe just
not well seated?

Also, this is ECC memory and I cannot figure out how to get ECC on in
memtest.

--
Robert