Old 09-25-2010, 02:09 PM

Default 10.04 nuance

I have a little nuance that is bothersome in 10.04 and it seems to be occurring more lately.* On the top panel at the upper right (GNome Desktop), the social "indicator applicator applet" which is the one with the social stuff on it, gets duplicated in the panel covering the session button for locking the session, rebooting, shutting down, etc requiring that I shutdown/reboot some other way and control-alt-backspace doesn't work for restarting the x session.

Any thoughts on this little buggy feature?

Thanks.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:01 PM
"David C. Curtis"

On Sat, 2010-09-25 at 10:09 -0400, clintin@linuxmail.org wrote:

> I have a little nuance that is bothersome in 10.04 and it seems to be
> occurring more lately. On the top panel at the upper right (GNome
> Desktop), the social "indicator applicator applet" which is the one
> with the social stuff on it, gets duplicated in the panel covering the
> session button for locking the session, rebooting, shutting down, etc
> requiring that I shutdown/reboot some other way and
> control-alt-backspace doesn't work for restarting the x session.
>
> Any thoughts on this little buggy feature?

Ya, there's a bug report somewhere on this. In the mean time ALT-F2 or
open a terminal and 'killall gnome-panel', killing running
gnome-panel(s). Gnome-panel restarts automatically, and should do so
with one area per running applet without overlapping. You might have to
re-order them though.

Dave