Old 09-25-2010, 01:39 PM
David Fletcher

Default email filtering

I'm still using Kubuntu Hardy, because I'm extremely reluctant to move to the
new KDE. So, I'm looking into ways to disentangle myself from dependency on
KDE.

So, to this end, I've been moving all of my email out of kmail and onto a
separate IMAP server, which is working very well.

Unfortunately kmail has filtering functionality which is very much to my
liking but I can't so far duplicate with either Evolution or Thunderbird. I
have a load of folders for mailing lists, personal etc and filters for
shifting email into them. Unfortunately if I'm browsing the inbox at the
time, messages tend to be marked as read before being moved, then they
effectively vanish into a folder marked as already read before I get chance
to see them, so I don't then know where to go for my new messages.

What kmail allows me to do is add to the filter after the message has been
moved, another instruction to mark it as "Not Read" so it is always obvious
where my new messages have been moved to.

Without running kmail under gnome or xfce, is there any way to do this in a
different email client? I've seen the time delay feature in Thunderbird but
don't like it.

Sorry the description is a bit long - hope I made myself clear.

Dave

Old 09-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Jonesy

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 14:39:26 +0100, David Fletcher wrote:
> I'm still using Kubuntu Hardy, because I'm extremely reluctant to move to the
> new KDE. So, I'm looking into ways to disentangle myself from dependency on
> KDE.

http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net/

I'm using KDE 3.5.11 on Karmic -- WFM.

Someday -- when I see a Real Need to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.04 -- my plans
are to contine with KDE 3.5.whateever_it_is_at_that_time.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux

Old 09-25-2010, 07:04 PM
David Fletcher

> http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net/
>
> I'm using KDE 3.5.11 on Karmic -- WFM.
>
> Someday -- when I see a Real Need to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.04 -- my plans
> are to contine with KDE 3.5.whateever_it_is_at_that_time.
>
> Jonesy

Does it have floppy drive support?