Old 09-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Christopher Chan

Default Don't ignore older media types - was WTF?! NO floppy in Lucid or in Meerkat!

> BTW I still have a little stack of 5.25 inch floppies, a couple of nice TEAC
> drives that take them and a few of the edge connector type floppy drive
> cables but unfortunately BIOS support for these appears to have been dropped
> on this PC.

:-O

/me weeps as he remembers the day he threw out his 5,24" floppies which
had stuff like Fireteam 2200.

Then there was the day a Year 6 teacher sent two of his pupils to get
some 5.25" floppies (HUH?!? What age do we live in? I don't run a
museum-though I wish I did) for their computer history project only to
be disappointed.

Let's demand support for the 1.2MiB floppies too! AND the LS120. AND the
ZIP disk.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:30 AM
Basil Chupin

On 25/09/2010 22:07, Christopher Chan wrote:

>> BTW I still have a little stack of 5.25 inch floppies, a couple of nice TEAC
>> drives that take them and a few of the edge connector type floppy drive
>> cables but unfortunately BIOS support for these appears to have been dropped
>> on this PC.
>>
> :-O
>
> /me weeps as he remembers the day he threw out his 5,24" floppies which
> had stuff like Fireteam 2200.
>
> Then there was the day a Year 6 teacher sent two of his pupils to get
> some 5.25" floppies (HUH?!? What age do we live in? I don't run a
> museum-though I wish I did) for their computer history project only to
> be disappointed.
>
> Let's demand support for the 1.2MiB floppies too! AND the LS120. AND the
> ZIP disk.

I have some 200 3.5, 150 5.25 floppies and some 8 ZIP discs - but no
LS120s. I still have a 5.25 floppy drive and the ZIP drive - all they
need is installation in a box.

While I transferred the data from the ZIP and 5.25 discs ages ago to
either 3.5 or mainly to HD (> CD), I still have some 50 3.5 discs with
data on them - including the full installation of (?)W95 :-) .

And I still have on vinyl Herbie Mann, Pink Floyd, WAR, Santana, Barry
White, Hot August Night (Neil Diamond), the only LP released by Billy

BC

--
I didn't know it was impossible when I did it.