Old 09-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Ali Khalfan

Default openssl ECB output

don't know if anyone has ever tried this before. But I'm trying to
demonstrate the weakness of electronic code book block encryption by
using using openssl. There is an option in openssl in openssl to select
dec-ecb. So I gave it a shot.

So I fed the following into the terminal

openssl des-ecb -kfile deskty -in test.txt -out someEncryptedFile

However, everytime, I get a different output.

Is there any parameter i need to set in openssl to get the same outpu?