Old 09-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Eero Volotinen

Default pop3 stunnel to gmail

2010/9/23 Joseph Brenner <doomvox@gmail.com>:
> I'm an mh user running ubuntu jaunty, and I want to get my local
> email working over SSL connections to a gmail account (POP3/SMTP).
> So I'm trying to get mh (probably nmh, but gnu mailutils would be
> okay) to talk over SSL using stunnel.

Err.. gmail supports ssl without any tunneling solutions.. try that ..

--
Eero

Old 09-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Joseph Brenner

Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen@iki.fi> wrote:
> 2010/9/23 Joseph Brenner <doomvox@gmail.com>:

>> I'm an mh user running ubuntu jaunty, and I want to get my local
>> email working over SSL connections to a gmail account (POP3/SMTP).
>> So I'm trying to get mh (probably nmh, but gnu mailutils would be
>> okay) to talk over SSL using stunnel.
>
> Err.. gmail supports ssl without any tunneling solutions.. try that ..

Sure, but I'd like to get it to work with nmh, and I don't think it
has any native understanding of SSL.

Like I said, I can POP3 from gmail using slypheed (which I presume can
deal with SSL on it's own, without stunnel).