Old 09-22-2010, 07:50 AM
Tapas Mishra

Default installing Open ACS on Ubuntu 10.04

I am trying to install OpenACS with instructions given here on
http://openacs.org/xowiki/ubuntu
on Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit
They gave a link of repository to add in sources.lst but it is for
hardy and karmic

deb http://debian.adenu.ia.uned.es/apt {hardy|karmic} main

what should I do to be able to install it on Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit.
--

Tapas

Old 09-22-2010, 03:57 PM
NoOp

On 09/22/2010 12:50 AM, Tapas Mishra wrote:
> I am trying to install OpenACS with instructions given here on
> http://openacs.org/xowiki/ubuntu
> on Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit
> They gave a link of repository to add in sources.lst but it is for
> hardy and karmic
>
> deb http://debian.adenu.ia.uned.es/apt {hardy|karmic} main
>
> what should I do to be able to install it on Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit.

Ummm....

$ sudo apt-get install openacs

http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/openacs
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openacs

Old 09-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Tapas Mishra

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 9:27 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Ummm....
>
> $ sudo apt-get install openacs
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/openacs
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openacs
Thanks for this link.
The documentation in the earlier link I pointed was old.
I am having apache running on the server where I have to do all this.
Any idea as during installation how should or how can I change the port
of the server from 80 to some thing different since openacs uses AOL server
and I am running a website so....

Old 09-22-2010, 06:44 PM
NoOp

On 09/22/2010 10:50 AM, Tapas Mishra wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 9:27 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>> Ummm....
>>
>> $ sudo apt-get install openacs
>>
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/openacs
>> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openacs
> Thanks for this link.
> The documentation in the earlier link I pointed was old.
> I am having apache running on the server where I have to do all this.
> Any idea as during installation how should or how can I change the port
> of the server from 80 to some thing different since openacs uses AOL server
> and I am running a website so....

Sorry, no idea.