Old 09-22-2010, 06:08 AM
Amichai Rotman

Default WiFi Statistics and Analyzer

Hi All,
I need a tool or utility,*preferably with a GUI, to monitor a WiFi network.
These are my requirements:
* Lightweight - has to run on my Asus EeePC 1000HE Netbook running Ubuntu Netbook*Release.*

* Simple to use.* All I need to check is: Signal*strength, link stability (continuous Pings to see if the link is*interrupted).
Thanks!
.:================================================ ====:.

Amichai Rotman

Old 09-22-2010, 04:16 PM
"David C. Curtis"

I need a tool or utility, preferably with a GUI, to monitor a WiFi
network.

These are my requirements:

* Lightweight - has to run on my Asus EeePC 1000HE Netbook running
Ubuntu
Netbook Release.
* Simple to use.
* All I need to check is: Signal strength, link stability (continuous
Pings
to see if the link is interrupted).

Thanks!

Wifi-radar on the desktop gives you the basics for all the APs in your
vicinity, Wavemon in the terminal will give you more technical info but
for only the AP your connected to.

Dave