Old 09-22-2010, 04:39 AM
Nathan Bahn

Default OT and Flamebait for some: Cross overs

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Michael Haney <thezorch@gmail.com> wrote:

*cue Jaws theme*

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:12 PM, Christopher Chan

<christopher.chan@bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:

> So how many chums here are trying out Ubuntu because Centos/RHEL 5 is

> getting a bit old?

> How many of you would actually entrust your hardware to Ubuntu instead

> of Centos/RHEL 5?

> How many of you would rather install Fedora than Ubuntu and why?

I can already see the Trolls circling (you know who you are). *They

want to bite, I know they do, they can't resist. *Where's Steve Irwin

when we need him!?

Crickey!

LOL

--

Michael "TheZorch" Haney

"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

of morality by religion." ~ Arthur C. Clarke

"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and

politics, but it is not the path to knowledge, and there is no place

for it in the endeavor of science. " ~ Carl Sagan

Visit My Site:* http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1

To Contact Me:

http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts

M."Z."H.--
Ha! *That's funny!*

I don't know if this will inspire any epic flame wars*, but I decided to use openSUSE on some old (I'm talking Pentium III's -- with 384MB RAM!*) Compaqs that I'm "supporting".***I ended up deciding that GNOME was too much for the systems and instead instituted a different desktop (IceWM? *I've forgotten; it's been so long since I've worked on the machines in question!**). *So: *Will this make my reputation (such as it is) =?

--N.B.*

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html & http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)

Old 09-22-2010, 04:52 AM
Christopher Chan

> I can already see the Trolls circling (you know who you are). They
> want to bite, I know they do, they can't resist. Where's Steve Irwin
> when we need him!?
>
> Crickey!
>
> LOL
>
> Ha! That's funny!
>
> I don't know if this will inspire any epic flame wars , but I decided to
> use openSUSE on some old (I'm talking Pentium III's -- with 384MB RAM! )
> Compaqs that I'm "supporting". I ended up deciding that GNOME was too
> much for the systems and instead instituted a different desktop (IceWM?
> I've forgotten; it's been so long since I've worked on the machines in
> question! ). So: Will this make my reputation (such as it is) =?
>
> --N.B.

Ha! I used to use IceWM for exactly the same reason. Or was it
WindowMaker? Even compiled XFCE from scratch a long time ago before it
got Xubuntu and packaged for Fedora/Centos

So much for server talk.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:53 AM
Christopher Chan

On Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:56 AM, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 10:12 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
>> So how many chums here are trying out Ubuntu because Centos/RHEL 5 is
>> getting a bit old?
>>
>> How many of you would actually entrust your hardware to Ubuntu instead
>> of Centos/RHEL 5?
>>
>> How many of you would rather install Fedora than Ubuntu and why?
>
> Heh, you got guts Chris. Ric

I need them to be able run servers on OpenSolaris you know. Have you
ever tried the OpenSolaris irc channel?