Old 09-22-2010, 02:26 AM
Patton Echols

Default setting up public share with the public share under Preferences/Public Share

On 09/21/2010 03:22 PM, Scott Berry wrote:
> What packages do I need to install for the public share to work on a
> network? Also can I put a link for an external drive in that folder?

You should not need to install packages (at least not explicitly).
Under nautilus, right click on the folder you want to share, select
sharing options and check the boxes that seem logical to you for your
situation. I'm not sure about the linked folder. Should be easy enough
to test if you don't get an answer.

Write back if you have problems - something does not work.

--PE