Old 09-21-2010, 04:31 PM
NoOp

Default mail merge like feature

On 09/21/2010 02:15 AM, Joep L. Blom wrote:
> Tapas Mishra wrote:
>> Just wanted to know if there is a feature like mail merge (as in
>> Microsoft Outlook) in
>> Ubuntu.Please provide some link to documentation if similar thing is
>> there on Ubuntu 10.04/
>>
> Tapas,
> I don't know mailmerge in MS Outlook but Openoffice offers a good
> mailmerge implementation which can also import adresses from thunderbird
> and Evolution.
> Joep

Well... almost :-(
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/93546
[[upstream] Openoffice.org Address data sources missing]

Old 09-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Ric Moore

On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 11:12 +0200, Amedee Van Gasse (ub) wrote:
> On Tue, September 21, 2010 09:34, Ric Moore wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 09:18 +0530, Tapas Mishra wrote:
> >> Just wanted to know if there is a feature like mail merge (as in
> >> Microsoft Outlook) in
> >> Ubuntu.Please provide some link to documentation if similar thing is
> >> there on Ubuntu 10.04/
> >
> > Evolution is supposed to be the "Outlook Killer" by PC magazine. Just
> > google up on it. It's readily available if you crank up your package
> > manager. Ric
>
> Awww, that's not very nice, Ric. ;-)
> You should at least point him towards the OpenOffice Mail Merge Wizard. ;-)

I was taking a wild shot in the dark there. He mentioned Outlook so I
mentioned Evolution ...like I had a clue. Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 09-23-2010, 08:01 AM
"Amedee Van Gasse (ub)"

On Tue, September 21, 2010 19:01, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 11:12 +0200, Amedee Van Gasse (ub) wrote:
>> >
>> > Evolution is supposed to be the "Outlook Killer" by PC magazine. Just
>> > google up on it. It's readily available if you crank up your package
>> > manager. Ric
>>
>> Awww, that's not very nice, Ric. ;-)
>> You should at least point him towards the OpenOffice Mail Merge Wizard.
>> ;-)
>
> I was taking a wild shot in the dark there. He mentioned Outlook so I
> mentioned Evolution ...like I had a clue. Ric

It's ok. He asked the wrong question so how could you possibly know what
he meant if you're not familiar with Microsoft products. (thursday
confession: I am - it's my day job. It pays the mortgage)

Old 09-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Ric Moore

On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 10:01 +0200, Amedee Van Gasse (ub) wrote:
> On Tue, September 21, 2010 19:01, Ric Moore wrote:

> >> Awww, that's not very nice, Ric. ;-)
> >> You should at least point him towards the OpenOffice Mail Merge Wizard.
> >> ;-)
> >
> > I was taking a wild shot in the dark there. He mentioned Outlook so I
> > mentioned Evolution ...like I had a clue. Ric
>
> It's ok. He asked the wrong question so how could you possibly know what
> he meant if you're not familiar with Microsoft products. (thursday
> confession: I am - it's my day job. It pays the mortgage)

Heh, Dad also said, "Any port in a storm". Ric

Linux user# 44256