Old 09-21-2010, 07:03 AM
Doug

Default second Linux distro on second hd

Is there any trick in putting a second distro (Ubuntu) on a second drive
and booting either one with grub?
This is an older computer with IDE drive capability only, and I don't
want to invest a whole batch of money into it, by upgrading the mobo,
etc., but I can probably scrounge up an old IDE drive someplace. (I
would not replace the PcLOs distro that I'm running on it now.)

--doug

Old 09-21-2010, 07:10 AM

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 03:03, Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:
> Is there any trick in putting a second distro (Ubuntu) on a second drive
> and booting either one with grub?
> This is an older computer with IDE drive capability only, and I don't
> want to invest a whole batch of money into it, by upgrading the mobo,
> etc., but I can probably scrounge up an old IDE drive someplace. *(I
> would not replace the PcLOs distro that I'm running on it now.)

No. There is not.

You just boot the ISO and choose "Install them side by side" or
whatever it is...

As long as you have space to make partitions (e.g. you haven't used up
the maximum number of partitions, you can add to your heart's
content).

Good example: My test netbook runs WinXP, Lucid, Maverick, Crunchbang
and Slax....