Old 09-20-2010, 01:04 AM
Anthony Papillion

Default Anyone else experiencing this failed PPA?

I'm trying to do an apt-get update and the update fails on
ppa.launchpad.net Lucid/Main Packages. Is this expected? If not, is
it a problem that I need to fix?

Thanks
Anthony

--
Anthony Papillion
Lead Developer / Owner

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cajuntechie
My Blog:** http://www.cajuntechie.com

Old 09-20-2010, 01:41 AM
"David C. Curtis"

On Sun, 2010-09-19 at 20:04 -0500, Anthony Papillion wrote:
> I'm trying to do an apt-get update and the update fails on
> ppa.launchpad.net Lucid/Main Packages. Is this expected? If not, is
> it a problem that I need to fix?

No, the other repos will update despite this fail. Continue on with an
upgrade. Check out the status of this PPA, it could have been removed by
the author or moved into an official repo. After a version upgrade you
may find PPAs have no package for your new version of Ubuntu. If so you
can remove the offending line from your sources.

Dave

Old 09-20-2010, 01:52 AM
Anthony Papillion

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 8:41 PM, David C. Curtis
<dave.c.curtis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-09-19 at 20:04 -0500, Anthony Papillion wrote:
>> I'm trying to do an apt-get update and the update fails on
>> ppa.launchpad.net Lucid/Main Packages. *Is this expected? If not, is
>> it a problem that I need to fix?
>
> No, the other repos will update despite this fail. Continue on with an
> upgrade. Check out the status of this PPA, it could have been removed by
> the author or moved into an official repo. After a version upgrade you
> may find PPAs have no package for your new version of Ubuntu. If so you
> can remove the offending line from your sources.

Thank you Dave! I wanted to make sure I wouldn't break the install if
I removed the line from the sources. Thanks for confirming!

Anthony