Old 09-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Tapas Mishra

Default using tasksel to remove Gnome Desktop

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Lucio M Nicolosi <lmnicolosi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps installing the server release?
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/server
No I would work on the desktop environment for 3 days until Monday.
I wont be able to use the server release.
So any other suggestion?

--
Tapas
http://mightydreams.blogspot.com

Old 09-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Tapas Mishra

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Lucio M Nicolosi <lmnicolosi@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Perhaps installing the server release?
Is there a way I can pass on Ctrl+alt+F1 to vmware guest on Ubuntu
that way I will be able to remove gdm
I have tried on ssh and reboot was not successful.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Tapas Mishra

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 12:19 AM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way I can pass on Ctrl+alt+F1 to vmware guest on Ubuntu

Ok digged into various VMWare Workstation settings and discovered that
in order to send a regular Ctrl+Alt keyboard combination to the guest
you need to press Ctrl+Alt+Space, then release the spacebar while
still holding down the Ctrl+Alt keys, and then pressing the extra key.
That way Ctrl+F1+Alt will work
--
Tapas