Old 09-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Lucio M Nicolosi

Default Empathy not removing contact requests

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Wade Smart <wadesmart@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since I moved to 10.04 I started using Empathy and one thing Im having
> trouble with is all the spammers who try to contact me through Yahoo.
> They all want to be your friend. On pidgin you could say no and that was
> it but Empathy doesnt seem to remember this daily. Any idea how to
> resolve this?

Same with me, solved by switching back to Pidgin, deleting the spamers
and (eventually not) switching back to Empathy. Any news from Empathy
for Maverick, regarding this issue?

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
Linux Regist. User #481505 - http://counter.li.org/

Old 09-20-2010, 11:39 PM
NoOp

On 09/18/2010 09:28 AM, Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Wade Smart <wadesmart@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Since I moved to 10.04 I started using Empathy and one thing Im having
>> trouble with is all the spammers who try to contact me through Yahoo.
>> They all want to be your friend. On pidgin you could say no and that was
>> it but Empathy doesnt seem to remember this daily. Any idea how to
>> resolve this?
>>

> Same with me, solved by switching back to Pidgin, deleting the spamers
> and (eventually not) switching back to Empathy. Any news from Empathy
> for Maverick, regarding this issue?

Check here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/empathy

Old 09-21-2010, 05:12 AM
Lucio M Nicolosi

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 8:39 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 09/18/2010 09:28 AM, Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Wade Smart <wadesmart@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Since I moved to 10.04 I started using Empathy and one thing Im having
>>> trouble with is all the spammers who try to contact me through Yahoo.
>>> They all want to be your friend. On pidgin you could say no and that was
>>> it but Empathy doesnt seem to remember this daily. Any idea how to
>>> resolve this?
>>>

>> Same with me, solved by switching back to Pidgin, deleting the spamers
>> and (eventually not) switching back to Empathy. Any news from Empathy
>> for Maverick, regarding this issue?
>>

> Check here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/empathy

273 open bugs in Empathy, (apparently) none regarding the inability of
removing unwanted Yahoo contact requests, without accepting them
first. Since at least one of then is about the lack of a decent
contact manager (wishlist), I guess there's no need to report an
additional bug at this moment. It seems that Empathy is still a work
in progress.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:08 PM
NoOp

On 09/20/2010 10:12 PM, Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 8:39 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>>>

>>> Same with me, solved by switching back to Pidgin, deleting the spamers
>>> and (eventually not) switching back to Empathy. Any news from Empathy
>>> for Maverick, regarding this issue?
>>>

>> Check here:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/empathy
>>

> 273 open bugs in Empathy, (apparently) none regarding the inability of
> removing unwanted Yahoo contact requests, without accepting them
> first. Since at least one of then is about the lack of a decent
> contact manager (wishlist), I guess there's no need to report an
> additional bug at this moment. It seems that Empathy is still a work
> in progress.

Agree... I had basic issues just importing contacts:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/empathy/+bug/511729
[Empathy didn't import contacts from gaim/pidgin]