Old 09-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Tapas Mishra

Default using tasksel to remove Gnome Desktop

I am installing Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit as Guest OS in Vmware and used tasksel
I removed Gnome-desktop-manager
it wiped out every thing but since it removed it within Gnome so it
was not clean thing so I got a lot of dependency errors
more over when I was on command prompt the arrow up and down keys in
Guest Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit were not working
also in tasksel up and down navigation keys were not working.This
happened after I uninstalled Gnome-Desktop from tasksel and had
rebooted.
Any hint as I have recreated the guest but I am having less disk space
most of the time I am trying the stuff like device drivers so I will
be on command prompt
I do not need Gnome or such things in Guest so how to do that cleanly.
In guest OS.

--
Tapas

Old 09-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Lucio M Nicolosi

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am installing Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit as Guest OS in Vmware and used tasksel
> I removed Gnome-desktop-manager
> it wiped out every thing but since it removed it within Gnome so it
> was not clean thing so I got a lot of dependency errors
> more over when I was on command prompt the arrow up and down keys in
> Guest Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit were not working
> also in tasksel up and down navigation keys were not working.This
> happened after I uninstalled Gnome-Desktop from tasksel and had
> rebooted.
> Any hint as I have recreated the guest but I am having less disk space
> most of the time I am trying the stuff like device drivers so I will
> be on command prompt
> I do not need Gnome or such things in Guest so how to do that cleanly.
> In guest OS.

Perhaps installing the server release?

http://www.ubuntu.com/server

--