Old 09-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Tapas Mishra

Default mounting ubuntu guest in Vmware

I was using a vmdk image of Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit on my Ubuntu 10.04 64
bit system.
For some reason I messed badly with the Guest OS and the result is I
am not able to recover it back.
Is there a way that from the Host OS which is Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit I
can mount the guest OS which is also a Ubuntu system
and recover my directories or files that I have in there.

--
Tapasers

Old 09-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Kenneth Loafman

Tapas Mishra wrote:
> I was using a vmdk image of Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit on my Ubuntu 10.04 64
> bit system.
> For some reason I messed badly with the Guest OS and the result is I
> am not able to recover it back.
> Is there a way that from the Host OS which is Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit I
> can mount the guest OS which is also a Ubuntu system
> and recover my directories or files that I have in there.

From the host command line, enter 'vmware-fuseUI'. From there you'll be
able to mount the selected virtual drive.

...Ken

Old 09-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Tapas Mishra

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 8:13 PM, Kenneth Loafman <kenneth@loafman.com> wrote:
> From the host command line, enter 'vmware-fuseUI'. *From there you'll be
> able to mount the selected virtual drive.
Wow thanks this is great.