Old 09-18-2010, 05:38 AM
Doug

Default single click-how?

Now that I finally have
Ubuntu installed, I have _got to_ get rid of that Windows double-click

stuff.* There has to be a way!* Somebody help, please!

Thanx--doug

Old 09-18-2010, 05:56 AM
Conny Enström

http://www.howtoforge.com/gnome_single_mouseclick

Old 09-18-2010, 06:04 AM
Basil Chupin

On 18/09/2010 15:38, Doug wrote:
> Now that I finally have Ubuntu installed, I have _got to_ get rid of
> that Windows double-click
> stuff. There has to be a way! Somebody help, please!
>
> Thanx--doug

Applications>File Manager>Edit>Preferences>Behaviour - select single click.

BC

--
I didn't know it was impossible when I did it.

Old 09-18-2010, 06:18 AM
Doug

On 09/18/2010 01:56 AM, Conny Enström wrote:
> 2010-09-18 07:38, Doug skrev:
>
>> Now that I finally have Ubuntu installed, I have _got to_ get rid of
>> that Windows double-click
>> stuff. There has to be a way! Somebody help, please!
>>
>> Thanx--doug
>>
>> --
>> Blessed are the peacekeepers...for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A.M. Greeley
>>

> http://www.howtoforge.com/gnome_single_mouseclick

Thank you very much, Conny. This group is fast on the help, and I
really appreciate it!

Old 09-18-2010, 06:25 AM
Doug

On 09/18/2010 02:04 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 18/09/2010 15:38, Doug wrote:
>
>> Now that I finally have Ubuntu installed, I have _got to_ get rid of
>> that Windows double-click
>> stuff. There has to be a way! Somebody help, please!
>>
>> Thanx--doug't seem to work in the 10.04
>>
> Applications>File Manager>Edit>Preferences>Behaviour - select single click.
>
> BC

That doesn't seem to work in the 10.04.1 edition. There is no File
Manager entry under
Applications. But Conny's suggestion, which came just before yours,
works 100%. You
probably have a different edition. But thanx!

--doug

Old 09-18-2010, 06:44 AM
Lucio M Nicolosi

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 3:25 AM, Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:
> On 09/18/2010 02:04 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> On 18/09/2010 15:38, Doug wrote:
>>
>>> Now that I finally have Ubuntu installed, I have _got to_ get rid of
>>> that Windows double-click
>>> stuff. *There has to be a way! *Somebody help, please!
>>>
>>> Thanx--doug't seem to work in the 10.04
>>>
>> Applications>File Manager>Edit>Preferences>Behaviour - select single click.
>>
>> BC
>>

> That doesn't seem to work in the 10.04.1 edition. *There is no File
> Manager entry under
> Applications. *But Conny's suggestion, which came just before yours,
> works 100%. *You
> probably have a different edition. *But thanx!
>
> --doug

Just for the record, two routes to the same app.

In Ubuntu 10.04.1:

System/ Preferences/ File Manager/ Behavior/ Single clic to open itens
or
Nautilus/ Edit /Preferences /etc...

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
Linux Regist. User #481505 - http://counter.li.org/

Old 09-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Basil Chupin

On 18/09/2010 16:25, Doug wrote:
> On 09/18/2010 02:04 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> On 18/09/2010 15:38, Doug wrote:
>>

>>> Now that I finally have Ubuntu installed, I have _got to_ get rid of
>>> that Windows double-click
>>> stuff. There has to be a way! Somebody help, please!
>>>
>>> Thanx--doug't seem to work in the 10.04
>>>

>> Applications>File Manager>Edit>Preferences>Behaviour - select single click.
>>
>> BC
>>

> That doesn't seem to work in the 10.04.1 edition. There is no File
> Manager entry under
> Applications. But Conny's suggestion, which came just before yours,
> works 100%. You
> probably have a different edition. But thanx!
>
> --doug

No, it's there - provided you select to show it in the Main Menu :-) .

However, I probably have been better off stating, Places>Home which
would bring up the File Manager :-) .

BC

--
I didn't know it was impossible when I did it.