Old 09-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Andrew Farris

Default problem with chromium-browser

On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 15:12 +0000, pkaplan1@comcast.net wrote:
> Since earlier this week I have been unable to launch chromium from the
> chromium-daily ppa. It segfaults on lucid 64bit, but not 32bit
> machines.
>
> Currently at 7.0.526.0 on lucid 64bit
>
> Anyone else experienced this problem?
> Paul

I use chromium as the main browser on 2 different machines, both 64bit,
both on Lucid... neither are experiencing any issues.

My suggestion would be to go to synaptic and just purge (completely
remove, not just deinstall) everything related to chromium-browser, then
reinstall fresh from the PPA. I've had issues in the past where random
apps would start segfaulting, and that's how I ended up fixing them.

Good luck!

--
Andrew

Old 09-17-2010, 03:48 PM

Didn't solve the problem, but something different happened.* Before I just got Segmentation fault and a command prompt.* Now I get the following including the entry at the second command prompt (but I still have to hit Enter to get an open prompt.

kappa01@wlsdev18b:~$ chromium-browser
Segmentation fault
kappa01@wlsdev18b:~$ [8833:8833:11802604226:ERROR:chrome/browser/renderer_host/render_sandbox_host_linux.cc(346)] Could not get pid