Old 09-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Michael Haney

Default RESOLVED: play wav attachment in evolution

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 11:19 AM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 09/16/2010 07:02 AM, Arnaud G wrote:
>> Thank you NoOp for your answer and links.
>>
>> I did try the file listed in *528793, and it works.
>>
>> Other files types are not working.
>>
>> I send myself and mp3, ogg, flac, wav, none of them play in evolution.
>>
>> I added, just to make sure, the following line in my
>> org-gnome-audio-inline-eplug
>> <item mime_type="audio/wav" format="org_gnome_audio_inline_format"
>> flags="inline_disposition"/>
>>
>> I already had a line for
>> audio/microsoft-wav
>> audio/x-wav
>> and even restarted the machine. *Result is the same. No audio playing in evo.
>>
>> I however did not have gstreamer installed
>>
>> After installing
>> libgstreamer0.10-0
>> gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg
>> gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad
>> gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse
>>
>> It all works.
>>
>> Tx again for your help.
>>
>> Arnaud
>
> Well done & glad you got it sorted out. Thanks for reporting back on
> what you did to get it working for you.

On a side note, none of this would have been an issue if the whole
licensing thing with media codecs wasn't so totally screwed up, but
that's a rant for another day.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:* http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts

Old 09-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Arnaud G

I am glad I got it working.
The facts that I could play the file from 528793 and not other files types, leaves me puzzled. Another mystery aside!

> Thank you NoOp for your answer and links.
>
> I did try the file listed in* 528793, and it works.
>
> Other files types are not working.
>
> I send myself and mp3, ogg, flac, wav, none of them play in evolution.
>
> I added, just to make sure, the following line in my
> org-gnome-audio-inline-eplug
> <item mime_type="audio/wav" format="org_gnome_audio_inline_format"
> flags="inline_disposition"/>
>
> I already had a line for
> audio/microsoft-wav
> audio/x-wav
> and even restarted the machine.* Result is the same. No audio playing in evo.
>
> I however did not have gstreamer installed
>
> After installing
> libgstreamer0.10-0
> gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg
> gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad