Old 09-16-2010, 02:23 PM
"Jorge O. Castro"

Default Ubuntu Open Week, request for instructors

Hi everyone,

Here at Ubuntu we love to give training sessions over IRC. Since
Developer and App Developer Week cover the more advanced end of the
spectrum we have something for normal users -- Ubuntu Open Week:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek

If you look at the last schedule you'll see that there's still some
pretty development focused sessions there:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/openweekLucid

I am looking for instructors, specifically those of you who have never
taught a class before. Now that developer week is separate, we have
some leeway to make these sessions more productive for end users, so
I'm looking for some more end-user type questions. So, if you're
interested in helping out by teaching a session dive into the prep
page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek/Prep and submit your
ideas!

As always, if your Local Team wants to run a concurrent Open Week in
your own native language feel free to branch from this wiki page and
arrange something, please let me know so I can help get the word out.

(Hoping for someone to do an Inkscape class!)

--
Jorge Castro
Canonical Ltd.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:32 PM
"Jorge O. Castro"

Just a reminder that we have a week to go until Open Week and have 10
open slots still available for instructors.

* Insert speech on teamwork, volunteerism, helping users, and the
spirit of Ubuntu here *

Info to participate is here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek

Please respond to myself or Amber if you have questions. She believes
that the overwhelming goodness of the community will have all the
slots filled by the end of the day!