Old 09-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Bob Hickey

Default bit torrent downloads

I downloaded a couple of tunes from BTjunkie onto 10.04. It went thru Transmission bit torrent I think. So they play back fine on the computer, but won't play in the car. Can anyone figure what I'm doing wrong. Thanx much; Bob H.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:58 AM
Derek Maciel

On 15 September 2010 19:35, Bob Hickey <hickster711@gmail.com> wrote:
> I downloaded a couple of tunes from BTjunkie onto 10.04. It went thru
> Transmission bit torrent I think. So they play back fine on the computer,
> but won't play in the car. Can anyone figure what I'm doing wrong. Thanx
> much; Bob H.

Did you burn it as a data CD or as an audio CD?

Old 09-16-2010, 01:11 AM
"David C. Curtis"

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 19:35 -0400, Bob Hickey wrote:
> I downloaded a couple of tunes from BTjunkie onto 10.04. It went thru
> Transmission bit torrent I think. So they play back fine on the
> computer, but won't play in the car. Can anyone figure what I'm doing
> wrong. Thanx much; Bob H.

tunes? .mp3? .flac? .ogg? .wma? what file format? How are you
transferring/playing them? CD? USB?

I'm thinking that your player in the car does not support the format the
files are in but your computer does. You might need to convert them to a
playable format. But with the lack of info I could be way off.

HTH

Dave

Old 09-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Ric Moore

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 21:11 -0400, David C. Curtis wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 19:35 -0400, Bob Hickey wrote:
> > I downloaded a couple of tunes from BTjunkie onto 10.04. It went thru
> > Transmission bit torrent I think. So they play back fine on the
> > computer, but won't play in the car. Can anyone figure what I'm doing
> > wrong. Thanx much; Bob H.
>
> tunes? .mp3? .flac? .ogg? .wma? what file format? How are you
> transferring/playing them? CD? USB?
>
> I'm thinking that your player in the car does not support the format the
> files are in but your computer does. You might need to convert them to a
> playable format. But with the lack of info I could be way off.

It could also be an issue of permissions set to the files. One doesn't
log into one's auto audio player. I would guess it would have to be
chowned as user or have very permissible permissions set. Ric

Linux user# 44256