Old 09-15-2010, 05:26 PM
sdavmor

Default -Application to test/benchmark a hard drive?

On 09/15/2010 09:37 AM, Jesse Palser wrote:

> [10.04]-Application to test/benchmark a hard drive?
>
> Hi,
>
> I need a program to test and benchmark a hard disk drive.
> Any suggestions? I'm on Ubuntu 10.04 32bit
> and the hard drive is a Western Digital.
> Thanks!
>
> Jesse

Disk Utility might be what you want. It's in the repositories.
http://mikedickson.org.uk

Old 09-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Jesse Palser

On 09/15/2010 01:26 PM, sdavmor wrote:
> On 09/15/2010 09:37 AM, Jesse Palser wrote:
>> [10.04]-Application to test/benchmark a hard drive?
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need a program to test and benchmark a hard disk drive.
>> Any suggestions? I'm on Ubuntu 10.04 32bit
>> and the hard drive is a Western Digital.
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Jesse
> Disk Utility might be what you want. It's in the repositories.

Hi,

I found what I was looking for,
its called "GSmartControl"
for anyone interested.

Jesse

Old 09-15-2010, 05:43 PM
sdavmor

On 09/15/2010 10:33 AM, Jesse Palser wrote:
> On 09/15/2010 01:26 PM, sdavmor wrote:
>> On 09/15/2010 09:37 AM, Jesse Palser wrote:
>>> [10.04]-Application to test/benchmark a hard drive?
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I need a program to test and benchmark a hard disk drive.
>>> Any suggestions? I'm on Ubuntu 10.04 32bit
>>> and the hard drive is a Western Digital.
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Jesse
>> Disk Utility might be what you want. It's in the repositories.
>
> Hi,
>
> I found what I was looking for,
> its called "GSmartControl"
> for anyone interested.
>
> Jesse

That works too.
http://mikedickson.org.uk

Old 09-15-2010, 10:30 PM
Robert Holtzman

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 10:26:42AM -0700, sdavmor wrote:

> Disk Utility might be what you want. It's in the repositories.

Which one? Synaptic can't find it. I have about all the repos in my
sources file including backports and medibuntu. Is Disk Utility the real
package name?

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279