Old 09-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Anthony Papillion

Default Trouble connecting to VNC Server

Hey Everyone,

I'm needing to access my machine from Windows XP. I've installed
vnc4server and done the necessary configurations to get GNOME up as a
session manager and allow me to log in. On the Windows machine, I've
installed TightVNC and everything looked fine.

I tried to connect to my Ubuntu machine from Windows and I am told
"Connection Established" but that's as far as it goes. Never prompts
me for a password, never shows a login, nothing.

Any idea what might be going wrong?

Thanks!
Anthony

--