Old 09-15-2010, 04:41 PM

Default Ubuntu hardware certification?

Why are the Lenovo S10-X netbook(s) not listed in the Ubuntu hardware
certification, (http://webapps.ubuntu.com/certification/) for 9.1
Remix and 10.04 Netbook?

Thanks,

John

--

John Conover, conover@rahul.net, http://www.johncon.com/

Old 09-15-2010, 07:21 PM
"David C. Curtis"

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 09:41 -0700, John Conover wrote:
> Why are the Lenovo S10-X netbook(s) not listed in the Ubuntu hardware
> certification, (http://webapps.ubuntu.com/certification/) for 9.1
> Remix and 10.04 Netbook?

This list is not associated with Canonical, the company that offers
those certifications, it would be best to contact them and/or Lenovo.

While Ubuntu is sponsored by Canonical it is non-commercial in nature
and it's community (us) cannot answer questions about their commercial
activities with any veracity, unless there are Canonical folks on the
list, but I doubt they would want to conduct customer relations here.

Dave

Old 09-15-2010, 07:26 PM

David C. Curtis writes:
> On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 09:41 -0700, John Conover wrote:
> > Why are the Lenovo S10-X netbook(s) not listed in the Ubuntu hardware
> > certification, (http://webapps.ubuntu.com/certification/) for 9.1
> > Remix and 10.04 Netbook?
>
> This list is not associated with Canonical, the company that offers
> those certifications, it would be best to contact them and/or Lenovo.
>
> While Ubuntu is sponsored by Canonical it is non-commercial in nature
> and it's community (us) cannot answer questions about their commercial
> activities with any veracity, unless there are Canonical folks on the
> list, but I doubt they would want to conduct customer relations here.

Thanks, Dave.

John

--

John Conover, conover@rahul.net, http://www.johncon.com/