Old 09-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Larry Shields

Default Problems with my network dropping in and out...

Hi every one,

I have been have a problem with my wireless connection here, using the
SMCWUSB-N2 adapter...I have tried to configure ndiswrapper, using the
windows driver that cam on the cd, but it still is giving me a hard
time, that is I end up having to unplug the wireless router for a full
min or two, plug it back in, then remover the wireless adapter, then
plug it back in...It does connect, but it drops out and is searching
again to try to make the connect...

I have NM app also, I am wondering if that should be removed, for maybe
there is a conflict between the two...???

Maybe someone else here is using the same wireless adapter and can help
me configure it correctly so it will stop the problem of dropping
out...???

Thanks for any help on this issue...

Larry

--
Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
by Ubuntu ver 10.4 Lucid "Ultimate Edition 2.7"

Reg# Linux User 484593

"This is Linux Country,
on a quiet night you can hear
WINDOZE ! Systems REBOOTING !!"

Old 09-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Basil Chupin

On 16/09/2010 00:03, Larry Shields wrote:
> *Hi every one,
>
> I have been have a problem with my wireless connection here, using the
> SMCWUSB-N2 adapter...I have tried to configure ndiswrapper, using the
> windows driver that cam on the cd, but it still is giving me a hard
> time, that is I end up having to unplug the wireless router for a full
> min or two, plug it back in, then remover the wireless adapter, then
> plug it back in...It does connect, but it drops out and is searching
> again to try to make the connect...
>
> I have NM app also, I am wondering if that should be removed, for
> maybe there is a conflict between the two...???
>
> Maybe someone else here is using the same wireless adapter and can
> help me configure it correctly so it will stop the problem of dropping
> out...???
>
> Thanks for any help on this issue...
>
> Larry
> *

Larry,

Why are you asking these questions here?

You are using the Ultimate Edition 2.7:

QUOTE

Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
by Ubuntu ver 10.4 Lucid "Ultimate Edition 2.7"

UNQUOTE

so why not ask about your problem in Ultimate's support facility?

BC

Old 09-15-2010, 04:40 PM
NoOp

On 09/15/2010 07:03 AM, Larry Shields wrote:
> *Hi every one,
>
> I have been have a problem with my wireless connection here, using the
> SMCWUSB-N2 adapter...I have tried to configure ndiswrapper, using the
> windows driver that cam on the cd, but it still is giving me a hard
> time, that is I end up having to unplug the wireless router for a full
> min or two, plug it back in, then remover the wireless adapter, then
> plug it back in...It does connect, but it drops out and is searching
> again to try to make the connect...
>
> I have NM app also, I am wondering if that should be removed, for maybe
> there is a conflict between the two...???
>
> Maybe someone else here is using the same wireless adapter and can help
> me configure it correctly so it will stop the problem of dropping out...???

Perhaps use wicd instead (remove ndiswrapper & NM) as suggested last
month whe you posted about this problem:
<http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?26,124831,125187,quote=1>

Others:

<http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-networking-3/ubuntu-driver-for-smcwusb-n2-wifi-adapter-not-working-alternatives-821284/>