Old 01-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Chad Moore

Default Still kinda new, Ubuntu and Xbox 360

Hello all, I have been using ubuntu for about a month and a half now.
Love it...never going back to windows. Every program I been using on
windows I can use on ubuntu. The only exception is I can't figure out a
way to get my Xbox 360 to stream from my ubuntu machine. Once I figure
that out...I can fully partition my windows drive for good. Does anyone
know any ideas or have any tips that will help me reach my goal?
Thanks a lot.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:42 AM
musicman

I don't know what you mean by stream, but Samba (the linux implementation of the SMB protocol) is dead easy to set up and should give you access to all of your files on the ubuntu box. Does XBox360 use the SMB protocol when talking to winboxen?

Samba is very cool, and very easy to set up.

cheers
L.

Hello all, I have been using ubuntu for about a month and a half now.
Love it...never going back to windows. *Every program I been using on
windows I can use on ubuntu. *The only exception is I can't figure out a

way to get my Xbox 360 to stream from my ubuntu machine. *Once I figure
that out...I can fully partition my windows drive for good. *Does anyone
know any ideas or have any tips that will help me reach my goal?

Thanks a lot.

Apes are just creatures twisted by Satan to mock Jesus by giving EVILolition credibility. Further more they are naturally lust crazed for human women. Since they are not natural creatures they should be exterminated forthwith as the tools of evil they are.

BJ Tabor, Blogs4Brownback
http://blogs4brownback.wordpress.com/2007/07/28/good/#comments

Old 01-21-2008, 01:06 PM
"Jason E. Dorfler"

musicman wrote:
> I don't know what you mean by stream, but Samba (the linux
> implementation of the SMB protocol) is dead easy to set up and should
> give you access to all of your files on the ubuntu box. Does XBox360 use
> the SMB protocol when talking to winboxen?
>
> Samba is very cool, and very easy to set up.
>
> cheers
> L.
>
> On Jan 21, 2008 11:41 AM, Chad Moore <nistin@gmail.com
> <mailto:nistin@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hello all, I have been using ubuntu for about a month and a half now.
> Love it...never going back to windows. Every program I been using on
> windows I can use on ubuntu. The only exception is I can't figure
> out a
> way to get my Xbox 360 to stream from my ubuntu machine. Once I figure
> that out...I can fully partition my windows drive for good. Does anyone
> know any ideas or have any tips that will help me reach my goal?
> Thanks a lot.

> Apes are just creatures twisted by Satan to mock Jesus by giving
> EVILolition credibility. Further more they are naturally lust crazed for
> human women. Since they are not natural creatures they should be
> exterminated forthwith as the tools of evil they are.
>
> BJ Tabor, Blogs4Brownback
> http://blogs4brownback.wordpress.com/2007/07/28/good/#comments
> ------------------
> taken from here: http://dev.null.org/blog/item/200801152320_fundtheio

Try ushare. Go to http://ushare.geexbox.org. Just installed it today.
You have to use the terminal, but if you got this far, you should be
able to figure it out. I can't really say how well it works right now,
I'm away from my XBox360, but I am pretty sure just like everything
else, if you work at it, it will work not only fine, but great.

--
Jason E. Dorfler

MS WinXP Pro sp2/Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy
Thunderbird 2.0.0.9/2.0.0.6