Old 09-14-2010, 09:25 PM
James Matthews

Default Default python compile options

Hi,

I am trying to compile Python 2.7 on Ubuntu and I am wondering what are the default compile options (i.e ./configure ..) for ubuntu. I just want the standard ones that are included with the python2.6 version on ubuntu. Can someone please shed some light?

Thanks,
James
--
http://www.goldwatches.com

Old 09-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Marius Gedminas

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 02:25:00PM -0700, James Matthews wrote:
> I am trying to compile Python 2.7 on Ubuntu and I am wondering what are the
> default compile options (i.e ./configure ..) for ubuntu. I just want the
> standard ones that are included with the python2.6 version on ubuntu. Can
> someone please shed some light?

You can find that out by doing

apt-get source python2.6

and then looking at python2.6-2.6.5/debian/rules.

It appears to be

./configure
--enable-shared
--prefix=/usr
--enable-ipv6
--enable-unicode=ucs4
--with-system-ffi
--with-fpectl

Marius Gedminas
--
Did you know that 7/5 people don't know how to use fractions?