Old 09-14-2010, 02:11 PM
stan

Default NVidia driver + dual monitors + gnoome screensaver == "locak up"

I have recently added a 2nd monitor on my Sun U40. I am using 10.04, with
the Nvida video driver, and gnome. I have noticed that sometimes, primarily
after leaving the system overnight, but not always, that I cannot "wake it
up" from the screen saver. The machine is not locked up, and the screen
saver is even changing, but i have to ssh to the machine and kill the
gnome-screensaver process before I can start using the machine again. I can't
even use control alt to switch to a non GUI session to fix this.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? is there a fix?

I don't recall seeing this issue prior to going to dual monitors.