Old 09-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Andy Graybeal

Default umask, ACL inheritance and setgid +s not working with copy from flash drive in nautilus

This is a repeat question, I'm going to rephrase it a little and maybe
I'll get a response this time around.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04, metacity and nautilus, and linux terminal server
(LTSP).

My umask is set to 002 in my /etc/X11/Xsession.d.
The filesystem has ACL's enabled.
I have the folder set with setgid +s.

The ACL's look like this:
andy.graybeal@buddleia:/srv/Desktop/Tech$ getfacl .
# file: .
# owner: root
# group: tech
# flags: -s-
user::rwx
group::rwx
other::r-x
default:user::rwx
default:group::rwx
default:mask::rwx
defaultther::r-x

andy.graybeal@buddleia:/srv/Desktop/Tech$

Why when I copy a file from a jump/flash drive, does it not inherit the
ACL's properly?
Here is an example of a file I copied from a jump drive:

andy.graybeal@buddleia:/srv/Desktop/Tech$ ls -lah cabling.txt
-rwx------+ 1 andy.graybeal tech 2.8K 2010-07-28 20:40 cabling.txt
andy.graybeal@buddleia:/srv/Desktop/Tech$

Is it because I copied it from a FAT file system? My jump drive is
probably FAT16.

Any help would be appreciated. I apologize ahead of time if this
offends anyone because it's a double post. I hope that re-wording it to
be more concise will help.

If there is any more information that would be helpful in
troubleshooting this let me know.

-Andy