Old 09-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Jonathan Hudson

Default Keyboard shortcuts for special characters

On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 18:07:49 +0100, Tony Pursell wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I should know this, but what is keyboard entry method on Ubuntu for
>special characters, like Alt-0147 in Windows.
>
>The character map gives you a code U+0147.
>
>Tony

At least in Gnome, Ctrl-Shift-u 1 4 7 => Ň

(hold control, shift u, release, press the hex unicode values, press a
'space' key (space, return etc).

See also <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GtkComposeTable>

-jh

Old 09-12-2010, 05:39 PM
NoOp

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&complete=0&q=help.ubunt+%2Bentering+s pecial+characters&btnG=Search>

<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ComposeKey>

Old 09-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Tony Pursell

On Sun, 2010-09-12 at 18:29 +0100, Jonathan Hudson wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 18:07:49 +0100, Tony Pursell wrote:
>
> >Hi all
> >
> >I should know this, but what is keyboard entry method on Ubuntu for
> >special characters, like Alt-0147 in Windows.
> >
> >The character map gives you a code U+0147.
> >
> >Tony
> >

> At least in Gnome, Ctrl-Shift-u 1 4 7 => Ň
>
> (hold control, shift u, release, press the hex unicode values, press a
> 'space' key (space, return etc).
>
> See also <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GtkComposeTable>
>
> -jh

Thanks Jonathan and NoOp.