Old 09-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Sam Przyswa

Default Problem with last Firefox/Thunderbird upgrade

Hi,

Since upgrade to Firefox 3.6.9 and Thunderbird 3.0.7 on Ubuntu 10.04 now
the screen freeze about 3 seconds and then run every 30 seconds.

Firefox it's no more usable, how to fix/downgrade/run other browser ?

Sam.

--
Sam Przyswa - Chef de projet
Email: samp@arial-concept.com

Old 09-12-2010, 05:02 PM
NoOp

On 09/12/2010 09:09 AM, Sam Przyswa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since upgrade to Firefox 3.6.9 and Thunderbird 3.0.7 on Ubuntu 10.04 now
> the screen freeze about 3 seconds and then run every 30 seconds.
>
> Firefox it's no more usable, how to fix/downgrade/run other browser ?
>
> Sam.

Try disabling your add-on's one by one to see if perhaps it's an add-on
problem.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Sam Przyswa

Le 12/09/2010 19:02, NoOp a écrit :
> On 09/12/2010 09:09 AM, Sam Przyswa wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since upgrade to Firefox 3.6.9 and Thunderbird 3.0.7 on Ubuntu 10.04 now
>> the screen freeze about 3 seconds and then run every 30 seconds.
>>
>> Firefox it's no more usable, how to fix/downgrade/run other browser ?
>>
>> Sam.
>>

> Try disabling your add-on's one by one to see if perhaps it's an add-on
> problem.

Nothing changed, I do lake Windows, I rebooted and now it seems work...

Thanks anyway !

Sam.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:48 PM
NoOp

On 09/12/2010 10:38 AM, Sam Przyswa wrote:
> Le 12/09/2010 19:02, NoOp a écrit :
>> On 09/12/2010 09:09 AM, Sam Przyswa wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Since upgrade to Firefox 3.6.9 and Thunderbird 3.0.7 on Ubuntu 10.04 now
>>> the screen freeze about 3 seconds and then run every 30 seconds.
>>>
>>> Firefox it's no more usable, how to fix/downgrade/run other browser ?
>>>
>>> Sam.
>>>

>> Try disabling your add-on's one by one to see if perhaps it's an add-on
>> problem.
>>

> Nothing changed, I do lake Windows, I rebooted and now it seems work...

If that worked, then I'd suspect that you had something in cache that
was causing the problem. You might want to install Prefbar:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/67148/
http://prefbar.mozdev.org/
So that you can easily clear cookies, cache, turn javascript on/off etc
without having to reboot.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Sam Przyswa

Le 12/09/2010 19:48, NoOp a écrit :
> On 09/12/2010 10:38 AM, Sam Przyswa wrote:

>>> Try disabling your add-on's one by one to see if perhaps it's an add-on
>>> problem.
>>>

>> Nothing changed, I do lake Windows, I rebooted and now it seems work...
>>
> If that worked, then I'd suspect that you had something in cache that
> was causing the problem. You might want to install Prefbar:

Ok, I will try that, thanks !

Sam.